Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Proud Mama

Cooper does things all the time that make me proud.  He also does things that make me laugh or just shake my head!  But when a note from school came home about a special appointment, I was overjoyed and beamed with pride!

Cooper has been chosen to be in a program called "Connections".  A couple of times a month, he and another student will have lunch with an autistic student (and his teacher) in a smaller setting than the cafeteria.  This will allow the autistic student to learn to build friendships and learn socialization skills as well.  His teacher said she chose Cooper because she thinks he is a good role model.  Well, so do I!!  Way to go Cooper! 

I am thankful to God to have a child that is caring and compassionate for others.  It is my prayer that this not only has a positive impact on the autistic child - but on Cooper and the other student chosen in this program as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment